Welcome!

Welcome to my blog!

I’ve wanted to do a website of practical advice for single Christian women for almost 20 years now. In my 20’s, I was disappointed by the dearth of information for single Christian women that didn't involve finding the perfect husband. There was very little practical information about living life in general, and I wanted to fill that void.

A lot of information on this blog may seem like common sense, but a lot of women, especially young women just starting out on their own, really don’t know how to balance a checkbook or clean their home in a practical way. I hope to cover a variety of topics, both practical and spiritual. I am really excited about this blog!

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Surviving Valentine's Day

I have a confession. I HATE Valentine's Day! Is it because I hate all of the lovey-dovey stuff that goes on? No. I eat that stuff up. :)

Is it because I'm all alone on V-Day? No. My boyfriend lives in England, so I'm physically alone, but I know I am loved. <3

Is it because I think it's an overrated made-up holiday invented by the greeting card and floral industries? Getting warmer!

The reason I hate Valentine's Day (drumroll, please!), is that I work in a flower shop! It is our single busiest day of the year, and we spend the week before getting ready for it! I hate it! On Valentine's Day and the day before, I worked 26 hours in two days! I was tired and exhausted. Sigh.

But I did survive, and now I'm looking forward to a big fat paycheck on Friday. Oh, and my boss was nice and gave me the TWO days after V-day off. Yay! It took a week or so for me to get physically rested up, and to get my office work caught up (I was a phone girl for most of the holiday). So now, a week after the worst day of the year, I am back to normal. :)

Now that the holiday is over and it's smooth sailing until May (another floral business biggie: Mother's Day!), I will be back to regular posts. I'm also going to learn how to promote my blog so that more people will see it. I can't wait to have someone besides my mom read my posts!

No comments: