Welcome!

Welcome to my blog!

I’ve wanted to do a website of practical advice for single Christian women for almost 20 years now. In my 20’s, I was disappointed by the dearth of information for single Christian women that didn't involve finding the perfect husband. There was very little practical information about living life in general, and I wanted to fill that void.

A lot of information on this blog may seem like common sense, but a lot of women, especially young women just starting out on their own, really don’t know how to balance a checkbook or clean their home in a practical way. I hope to cover a variety of topics, both practical and spiritual. I am really excited about this blog!

Thursday, November 29, 2012

It's The Most Wonderful Time of the Year!

It is my favorite time of year! Yay for Christmas! I love the lights and the decorations and the special treats that only come out this time of year.  And I REALLY love buying presents!

I just took a few days off work to get the house ready for Christmas. I cleaned and decorated my room and my mom's. Nothing too fancy, just her Santa collection in her room and my Christmas tree in mine. My sister is working on the downstairs. It's looking very festive! And presents are piled up everywhere waiting to be wrapped and stashed under the tree.

I even had my very first Christmas pudding! My English boyfriend sent a small one to me in my Christmas gift package. It was kind of like a combination of gingerbread cake and fruit cake. It was quite tasty!

I love Christmas! And just think. We have this wonderful time of year because of God's love. I know that there is a lot of contraversy in the Christian community over Christmas. No, Jesus wasn't born on December 25th. And a lot of our traditions may be the results of the "Christianization" of pagan practices (although now even that theory has been challenged). But I think it's a great idea to take a day and a season of the year to remember God's love for us.

I wish all of my readers a wonderful Christmas season! Get out there, enjoy the sights and sounds (and treats!), and share the love of Christ with someone today!




No comments: